Please see below for a message from our local blood bank!
All of our colleges, high schools and businesses with 250+employees, have cancelled their blood drives.
If you’re healthy and able, please consider donating at one of the locations below.
No blood drives = No blood in our hospitals.
Tuesday, March 17th
PeaceHealth Riverbend Hospital
3333 Riverbend Dr, Springfield, OR 97477
3-6pm (May start at noon – donors can check our portal for times and to schedule)
Saturday, March 21st
Fern Ridge Library
88026 Territorial Rd., Veneta
11:00am – 5:00pm (Closed from 1-2pm for lunch)
2211 Willamette Street, Eugene
Mon/Tue/Fri, 8am – 6pm
Wed/Thur, 10am – 6pm
Sat, 7:30am – 1:30pm (Breakfast available!)
Sun, 7:30am – 1:30pm
Call 800-398-7888 to schedule an appointment.
- Blood centers are not testing or screening for COVID-19 directly, but do screen all donors to make sure they are healthy and eligible to donate.
- All donors are screened to ensure they are feeling well. Individuals should not donate blood if they are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of illness, including fever.
- Donors are also asked a series of additional questions that include whether they have traveled outside the country.
- Bloodworks follows appropriate infection control standards of donor rooms and mobile buses, which include sanitation of donor waiting rooms and donation chairs. We added additional cleaning precautions to those we regularly perform as an FDA-regulated blood collection facility. Our staff and volunteers follow strict hand washing protocol.
- We comply with FDA, CDC, and local health department recommendations related to COVID-19. All agencies have stated that the blood donation process is safe and continuously needed.
- There is no known risk of transmission of COVID-19 through the blood donation process or from blood transfusions.
- There is no intrinsic risk to the safety of the blood supply, but there is risk to the availability of blood for patients in need because of an increase in cancelled donation appointments and blood drives.
- Blood donation is not a mass gathering or social event. Individuals who are healthy and eligible to donate are strongly encouraged to do so in order to maintain an available blood supply.
We appreciate any help you can offer!