Kathleen Kerr, Congregation Council Liaison, [email protected]
The mission of the Learning Ministry is to facilitate engaging, faith-centered learning experiences in a welcoming environment that meets the needs of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
Bible Study Group
- This group meets each Wednesday at Emmaus from
Men’s Breakfast Bible Study
- This group meets the first Saturday of the month (September – May) at 8:30am. This year we are
exploring the four different visions of Jesus presented by the four gospel authors, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
- Naomi Circle uses the Gathering Bible study from the ELCA
- Mary Circle uses a variety of resources
- Adult Forums meet each Sunday, September – May, during the Sunday school hour. Different topics are explored each week.
- Emmaus offers Sunday school classes for ages 3 through high school each Sunday from 11:00-11:30am.
Vacation Bible School/Day Camp
- Emmaus has teamed up with United Lutheran to offer VBS for kids age 3-Kindergarten. We take turns on location. This is usually held at the beginning of August.
- Children in grades K-5 are welcome to participate in Day Camp held at Central Lutheran Church and led by Camp Lutherwood staff. Youth older than 5th grade are welcome to become junior or senior counselors.
During worship we encourage all children to be a part of our worship services. We offer a child friendly space in the sanctuary where kids can play quietly, color, or work on crafts.
All of our teachers and adult helpers in the classrooms undergo background checks and two adults are always present in every room.