Kathleen Kerr, Congregation Council Liaison, [email protected]
The mission of the Learning Ministry is to facilitate engaging, faith-centered learning experiences in a welcoming environment that meets the needs of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
Bible Study Group
- This group meets each Wednesday at Emmaus from 10:00 am to 11:30 am.
Men’s Breakfast Bible Study
- This group meets the first Saturday of the month (September – May) at 8:30am. This year we areexploring the four different visions of Jesus presented by the four gospel authors, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
- Naomi Circle meets on the second Thursday of every month at 9:30 am in the library for bible study, treats, and conversation.
- Mary Circle meets on the second Thursday of every month at 5:30 at various members’ homes for bible study, dinner, and conversation.
- Adult Forums meet each Sunday, September – May after the service and coffee fellowship time. Different topics are explored each week. For example, we recently did a four week series on immigration, beginning with a forum on how to have difficult conversations.
- Emmaus offers Sunday school classes for ages 3 through 5th grade each Sunday, September – May, after the service and coffee fellowship time. Sunday school includes bible stories, games, music, and crafts.
Vacation Bible School/Day Camp
- Emmaus has teamed up with United and Central Lutheran Churches to offer VBS for kids age 3-5th grade. Central Lutheran hosts this week of learning. In 2020, VBS will be held July 13th-17th.
- We welcome volunteers who are going into 7th grade and up (through adulthood!) to help out as group leaders, kitchen helpers, and support staff.
During worship we encourage all children to be a part of our worship services. We offer a child friendly space in the sanctuary where kids can play quietly, color, or work on crafts.
All of our teachers and adult helpers in the classrooms undergo background checks and two adults are always present in every room.