Joanna Palmer, Congregation Council Liaison
The mission of the Learning Ministry is to facilitate engaging, faith-centered learning experiences in a welcoming environment that meets the needs of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
Bible Study Group
- This group meets each Tuesday at Emmaus from 10:00 am to 11:30 am.
- Naomi Circle meets on the second Thursday of every month at 9:30 am in the library for bible study, treats, and conversation.
- Mary Circle meets periodically at various members’ homes for bible study, dinner, and conversation.
- Adult Forums meet each Sunday, September – May after the service and coffee fellowship time. Different topics are explored each week. For example, we recently did a series on housing, welcoming speakers from organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Hosea Youth Services, St. Vincent de Paul, Square One Villages, Better Housing Together, and the Eugene Mission.
- Emmaus offers Sunday school classes for ages 3 through 5th grade each Sunday, September – May, after the service and coffee fellowship time. Sunday school includes bible stories, games, music, and crafts.
Vacation Bible School/Day Camp
- Emmaus has teamed up with United and Central Lutheran Churches to offer VBS for kids age 3-5th grade. Central Lutheran hosts this week of learning. In 2023, VBS will be held June 26th-30th.
- We welcome volunteers who are going into 7th grade and up (through adulthood!) to help out as group leaders, kitchen helpers, and support staff.
During worship we encourage all children to be a part of our worship services. During indoor worship, we offer a child friendly space in the sanctuary where kids can play quietly, color, or work on crafts.
All of our teachers and adult helpers in the classrooms undergo background checks and two adults are always present in every room.